About the course
English for Academic Purposes (Upper Intermediate to Advanced) is an intensive English language program specifically designed to assist international students wishing to undertake tertiary studies at universities.
Learning activities will focus on areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking (including pronunciation) as well as critical thinking and research skills.
There are 2 proficiency levels – EAP 1 (Upper Intermediate) and EAP 2 (Advanced). Each level runs for 12 weeks.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for EAP 1 (Upper Intermediate)
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent for EAP 2 (Advanced)
EAP 1 – 12 study weeks
EAP 2 – 12 study weeks
This course is delivered for a maximum of 30 weeks (including holidays)
Delivery mode and Assessment
The course is delivered face to face for 20 hours per week.
In each level, EAP students are assessed in the four macro skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking through:
- Ongoing assignments throughout the course
- A mid-course exam (Week 6)
- A final exam (Week 12)
An average of 2-4 hours of self-study per week is also required in this course.
The course has been designed to run at 2 proficiency levels
- EAP 1: Upper Intermediate
- EAP 2: Advanced
It takes approximately 12 weeks to complete a level.
The range of teaching/learning materials will include:
- standardised EAP textbooks – Key to EAP Foundation and Key to EAP
- focused learning via a flexible electives program – ‘MyChoiceElectivesProgram’- MCEP
- Course DVD & Internet resources
Fees & Intakes
Please contact us for more information
Gold Coast, Sydney (City Campus) and Melbourne