Why Study in Australia?
Australia provides a distinctive kind of education and a learning style that encourages you to be inventive, creative and think independently. Australia has become one of the most popular destination choices for students in the world, where international students can enjoy the relaxed outdoor lifestyle of Australia while learning in one of the best education systems in the world.
- a safe environment
- a multicultural community
- many unique travel choices within the country
- exciting cities
- flexibility to work part time up to 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during holidays
Living costs in Australia
For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and studying in Australia.
- Hostels and Guesthouses– $90 to $160 per week
- Shared Rental– $90 to $200 per week
- Homestay– $180 to $340 per week
- Rental– $165 to $500 per week
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating out– $80 to $280 per week
- Gas, electricity– $35 to $140 per week
- Phone and Internet– $20 to $60 per week
- Public transport– $10 to $40 per week
- Entertainment– $60 to $160 per week
Minimum cost of living
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. From 1 July 2016 the 12 month living cost is:
- You– $19,830
- Partner or spouse– $6,940
- Child– $2,970
Please visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au for more information.